Intermodal South America. The competitive advantages of the port of Bilbao hand in hand with its port community

Sao Paulo Brazil | February 28 to March 2

One more year, the port community of Bilbao, grouped under UniportBilbao, participates in Intermodal South America, the largest event for the cargo transport, logistics, intralogistics, storage and foreign trade sector in South America. This international meeting is held between February 28 and March 2 in São Paulo, with the participation of representatives of UniportBilbao and the associated companies Ashton Cargo Bilbao/Share Logistics, Debusman Pastrana, E. Erhardt y Cía and Nervión Internacional.


From stand G098, they present their logistics services to South American shippers who export or import to Atlantic Europe, their strength in deep sea traffic, with personalized logistics responses for any type of merchandise, regardless of its nature, size, weight, complexities of your shipment or temperature controlled needs.

From UniportBilbao they point out that "the port-logistics community of the port of Bilbao offers personalized solutions for any type of traffic, whatever its characteristics". They also add that "the companies that work in this port community are strategic partners at the service of the logistical needs of our clients."
In 2022, traffic with South America exceeded pre-pandemic levels where trade with Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Peru has played a special role.


Brazil, the first in traffic in this geographical area, reached 2.5 million tons, making it the fourth foreign market for this port after the United States, Russia and the United Kingdom. 85% of said traffic was for export, with the remaining 15% being for import, with liquid and solid bulk standing out by volume. The main dry cargoes for export are non-metallic minerals, machinery and steel products; while in imports, soybeans and steel products stand out above all. Argentina, Uruguay and Peru have stood out for the shipment to Bilbao of edible oils and preserves, and for the exports of chemical, steel and machinery products, all within a varied general trade.

This trade can be supported from the Bilbao logistics sector from/to a large number of ports in South America, depending on the agreed commercial characteristics.

It might interest you...

Events
21 - 23 may | Rotterdam
Bilbao's multimodal logistics community will have a prominent presence at Breakbulk Europe Once again this year, UniportBilbao, together with the...
Events
Bilbao | 16 de mayo
Representantes de la Autoridad Portuaria de Bilbao y una delegación de los puertos de los Grandes Lagos y del Canal de San Lorenzo (EE.UU.) han...
Events
BEC Barakaldo | 15 de mayo
De manera periódica organizamos jornadas sobre servicios logísticos para las empresas del sector exterior. Quienes compran y venden sus productos en...