Companies and services
Capitanía Marítima en Bilbao
The Bilbao Maritime Captaincy is the peripheral body of the Maritime Administration, dependent on the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda.
The functions of the Captaincy are basically regulated in Royal Legislative Decree 2/2011, of September 5, which approves the Consolidated Text of the Law on State Ports and the Merchant Marine and in Royal Decree 638/2007 , of May 18, by which the Maritime Captaincies and Maritime Districts are regulated.
The Maritime Captaincy is organized into the following areas and sections:
- Maritime Inspection Area.
- Maritime Safety and Pollution Area.
- Ship dispatch section.
- Ship registration section.
- Professional qualifications section of the merchant and recreational marine.
- General and legal affairs area and disciplinary proceedings.